1. The best way to start the day is with a song and dance number. Monologue jokes can be hit and miss but a medley of your kids’ favorite songs will never go wrong.
2. Keep your speeches short.
3. There are a lot of categories to be won. So what if your kid can’t make the best picture. Let them know how much you love their crazy sound effects or how animated they are.
4. Confidence and humility are not mutually exclusive.
5. Focus more on their achievements than on what they’re wearing.
6. Teach your kids to applaud the success of others.
7. Teach your kids how to applaud.